Year 1 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 1!
Miss Walsh and Mrs Griffiths are looking forward to sharing in an exciting year of learning with you!
Some important information about Year 1:
- School Day: Our day begins at 08:50am and ends at 3:00pm.
- Snack: In Year 1 children are allowed to bring in their own healthy snack from home, they will put this in their own tray until break time. We ask that you do not give your children chocolate or sweets for their morning snack. Fruit will be available if the children forget their own snack.
- Water Bottles: Our water fountains are out of use for the foreseeable future. Please ensure your child brings their own bottle of water every day.
- Lunch Time: Where possible we are advising children in the infants to have a dinner provided by school. If your child brings a packed lunch from home it must be in an environmentally friendly disposable bag.
- PE: Our PE lesson will be on a Thursday morning. On Thursdays children should come to school in their PE kit and will remain in it for the day. Children can wear their red PE t-shirt, navy school jumper and have a choice of black, navy or grey shorts, leggings or tracksuit bottoms.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and will consist of resources such as games that can be used to support and continue the children’s learning at home and so will not need to be returned to school. Instead, overtime you as parents will have a bank of resources to support your children throughout the year.
- Reading Books currently we will not be sending reading books home. Until the end of September we will have access to ‘Oxford Owl’ which is an excellent online reading resource that links to the book bands the children read in school.
- Jumpers & Cardigans: Can you ensure your children’s jumpers/cardigans are clearly labelled with names. We had a lot of issues with lost jumpers last year due to jumpers/cardigans without names.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns, we will always make time for you. We thank you for your continuing support and look forward to working in partnership with you to support your children on their learning journey. During these unprecedented times we will work together in our St Theresa’s School Family to continue to see the rainbow through the rain clouds.
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display