Year 1 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 1!
Some important information about Year 1:
- School Day: Our day begins at 08:50am and ends at 3:15pm.
- Reading: Please ensure that red reading bags are sent to school everyday. Your child will come home with two books per week. These books will focus on phonics sounds that are being learnt in class. Please go through the sounds with your child on the front page before reading, there may also be a section to segment and blend key words that can be found in the story. If you can write a short comment in the box inside their yellow records to let us know that you have read, this would be appreciated.
- Snack: In Year 1 children are allowed to bring in their own healthy snack from home, they will put this in their own tray until break time. We ask that you do not give your children chocolate or sweets for their morning snack. Fruit will be available if the children forget their own snack.
- Water Bottles: Please ensure your child brings their own bottle of water every day.
- Lunch Time: Lunch boxes can be used but where possible we are advising children in the infants to access free school meals.
- PE: Our PE lesson will be on Tuesday morning with Miss White and on a Wednesday morning with Mrs Vine. Please ensure your child has a red PE t-shirt, navy school jumper and have a choice of black, navy or grey shorts, leggings or tracksuit bottoms. For safety reasons, please do not send your child to school wearing any jewellery. Where ears are pierced, only small studs are permitted.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and will consist of resources such as games that can be used to support and continue the children’s learning at home and so will not need to be returned to school. Instead, overtime you as parents will have a bank of resources to support your children throughout the year.
- Coats, jumpers & cardigans: Can you ensure your children’s jumpers/cardigans are clearly labelled with names. We kindly ask that your child is sent to school with a suitable coat for playtimes as the weather is uncertain in our Autumn months.
Polite reminder - Children are not allowed to bring toys to school as this can cause upset if they get lost or broken. Please keep toys at home.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns, we will always make time for you. We thank you for your continuing support and look forward to working in partnership with you to support your children on their learning journey.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display