Year 2 2020 - 2021
A message from Mrs McConnell
Transition arrangements are underway; we do this in school to help the children prepare to move to their new year group. The children have met their new teachers and I have met with them to pass on all their assessment information. To help the children prepare for drop off and pick up in September I am going to ask parents to drop the children off at the year 3 drop off point on TUESDAY 20th JULY. This drop off is at the bottom gate near the Church car park. Please drop your child off at 8.55am, the children will be asked to line up. I will be there at 8.55 to meet the children. Please do not leave your child until I have arrived and please escort/supervise them as they cross the car park. The normal Year 2 drop off point will be closed to Year 2. The gate however, may be open for Year 5 children but there will not be an adult present to supervise any Year 2 children so please do not drop your child off near the staff carpark.
Pick will be as normal from the Year 2 pickup point outside our classroom.
Some important information:
We will still form a bubble to minimise contact with others and for this reason there will be staggered starts and different drop off and collection points. This is outlined in the presentation on the Website. Drop off and collect at the Year 2 gate.
Start 8.55am. Finish 3.05pm
- Remember reading folders daily
- Bring a healthy snack for snack time
- Lunch boxes can be used but we would prefer you to access free universal school meals to avoid transmission of germs during this time.
- PE kits (red t-shirt and blue shorts, black/blue leggings or joggers) to be worn on TUESDAY
- Black trainers can be worn everyday instead of school shoes as daily exercise is something we will partake in. Children must be able to manage their own shoes.
- Every child will be required to bring a filled, clean water bottle as water fountains are closed.
- long hair must be tied back
- All adults (except those medically exempt) must wear a mask whilst on school grounds, maintain social distance and self-isolate immediately if
- you have any symptoms of COVID -19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- you've tested positive for COVID-19 – this means you have the virus
- someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display